Working together with visionaries from Twin Cities organizations and Minnesota governmental entities, Alisa Matheson works together to think systematically on how processes and procedures can be improved and allow teams to focus on the true issues and not get stuck in the menucha, thus impacting the lives of foster and adopted children and youth, now and in the future.
Alisa is the perfect definition of “lead by example.” Her bright personality, attention to detail and continual recommendations to improve program process’ makes her the ideal person for the job. Alisa is highly collaborative, positive and can confidently work efficiently independently.Emma Granquist
- Mentorship program development and implication for youth aging out of the MN Foster Care System, with Mark Gordon and C2i
- Concurrent Adoption Education with Dakota County
- UMOJA MN with EVOLVE Adoption
- Child Specific Recruitment & Social Medical History Writing with Dakota County
In the News
- 2015 Star Tribune News Story – ‘Detectives’ unearth long-lost links for kids needing adoption
- 2017 Alisa awarded Youth Care Worker of the Year, from Aspire MN
- 2019 Star Tribune News Story – Minnesota camp bridges the cultural gap in families of mixed races (Camp founded by Alisa)
Alisa Matheson is wise, kind, empathic, and fiercely committed to her work with kids and families. I am so grateful that I was able to work with and learn from her!Anna Lifson
Do you have a project you would like to partner on? Large or small, reach out and tell me more. Lets see if we are a good fit.
Alisa Matheson would be happy to speak with someone looking for a 5-10 hour a week contract to improve their process and flow of their company or non-profit organization, please get in touch.
Qualifications & Certificates
- NTI Trained Professional – Successfully completed The National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative and have received training on assessment, support and therapeutic interventions which promote permanency and improve well-being. Training topics included the following: loss and grief, attachment and brain development, race, ethnicity, culture and transrational adoption, parenting strategies, identify formation, and more.
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, with a focus in Child and Family from University of Northwestern – St. Paul
View Alisa Mathesons full resume on Linked in.